Discover: MONTANOV™ 202!
October 11, 2023
MONTANOV™ 202 is a glycolipid emulsifier of plant origin made in France. It is a liquid crystal promoter. In other words, it allows the creation of very stable biomimetic textures, providing long-lasting hydration and an immediate restructuring effect for a smoother skin texture.
In a few words:
• Liquid crystals & lamellar network promoter.
• Ultra-white fluid to cream glossy emulsions.
• Resistance to electrolytes.
• High compatibility including pigment compatibility and compatibility with H2O2 & all types of actives, even cationics.
• Sensoriality: light skin feel & matte finish.
• Toxicological profile: very safe ingredient used in multiple applications (in particular baby products).
→ The lamellar bilayers create rigid shells around the oil droplets to prevent instability phenomenon (coalescence, phase separation).
→ The lamellar phases increase the viscosity and the suspension stability. Therefore, liquid crystals are promotors of emulsion stability.
MONTANOV™ 202 promotes the creation of long-lasting liquid crystals very stable in difficult conditions:
• at ambient temperature: TO, D7, M1, M3 and M6.
• at 45°C: D7, M1, M3.
• Vibrating table at ambient temperature: 6 cycles of 30min to mimic the impact of transport.
Liquid Crystals and Skin Benefits
• Moisturizing effect up to 5 hours after application (In Vivo)
• Immediate restructuring effect only after 30 minutes after application: skin roughness reduction
• The skin barrier is more efficient and the skin texture is visibly smoother!